Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Music
- List Price$17.95
- Your price$14.39
Save $3.56 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
- The origins of nearly every genre and style of music -- including rock, country, jazz, the blues, rhythm-and-blues, hip hop, punk, folk, polka, opera, muzak, disco, and even marching bands
- Musical legends, from "outsiders" like the Shaggs and the Carter family, to giants like the Beatles, Elvis, and Weird Al Yankovic
- The stories of legendary music venues like the Grand Ole Opry, the Apollo, and the Fillmore
- How a computer glitch led to Right Said Fred's 1991 hit "I'm Too Sexy"
- Why waltzing was considered as scandalous in its early days as rock was in its early days
- The birth of the banjo, the electric guitar, karaoke, and the Stradivarius violin
- How John Williams struck a universal chord with his score for 'Star Wars'
- Portable Press, May 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: