Trees of Panama and Costa Rica
- List Price$45.00
- Your price$35.99
Save $9.01 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 18800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This is the first field guide dedicated to the diverse tree species of Panama and Costa Rica. Featuring close to 500 tropical tree species, Trees of Panama and Costa Rica includes superb color photos, abundant color distribution maps, and concise descriptions of key characteristics, making this guide readily accessible to botanists, biologists, and casual nature lovers alike.
The invaluable introductory chapters discuss tree diversity in Central America and the basics of tree identification. Family and species accounts are treated alphabetically and describe family size, number of genera and species, floral characteristics, and relative abundance. Color distribution maps supplement the useful species descriptions, and facing-page photographic plates detail bark, leaf, flower, or fruit of the species featured. Helpful appendices contain a full glossary, a comprehensive guide to leaf forms, and a list of families not covered.
- The only tree guide to cover both Panama and Costa Rica together
- Covers almost 500 species
- 438 high-resolution color photos
- 480 color distribution maps and two general maps
- Concise and jargon-free descriptions of key characteristics for every species
- Full glossary and guide to leaf forms included
- Princeton University Press, November 2010
Princeton University Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: