Transferring your Teaching Skills into the Wider World
Life Beyond the Classroom
- List Price$41.95
- Your price$37.79
Save $4.16 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Are you seeking to use your subject knowledge and teaching skills beyond the classroom?
Many teachers don’t recognise the vast range of skills, expertise and experience they possess. Transferring your Teaching Skills into the Wider World will help you focus on how you can use your many transferable skills in a variety of contexts and settings across the educational sector and beyond.
Deborah Lewis and Hilary White identify the skills developed through a teaching career and match them with the wide range of jobs open to teachers looking for a new direction. This highly practical handbook:
- Illustrates the diverse ways in which you can utilise your teaching skills and experience
- Surveys a wide variety of education related jobs and training options, using case studies to explore their advantages and disadvantages
- Explores the opportunities open to teachers seeking a complete career change
- Gives helpful advice for those wishing to develop their career within education
The case studies are inspiring examples of individuals who have drawn on their teaching experiences to expand into other areas, describing the route they took and showing how they utilized their teaching expertise. Tips and hints show how you can follow a similar path.
Transferring your Teaching Skills into the Wider World is essential reading for any teacher looking for guidance on how to change or develop their career whilst making the most of their existing skills and experience.
- Taylor and Francis, November 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: