Top 20 Fueling Myths Exposed: Endurance Planet's Guide to Sports Nutrition
Top 20 Fueling Myths Exposed was written by Ben Greenfield for the recreational exerciser to the elite athlete. It contains a collection of the most common sports nutrition and exercise fueling myths, why they're wrong, and what you can do about it to maximize your health and performance.
When you read this book, you'll change the way you think about fueling your body, and you'll learn the shocking truth about popularly held sports nutritions beliefs, including:
- How everything you know about pre-workout nutrition is probably not true.
- Why you don't need to eat within 20-60 minutes after a workout like everybody tells you.
- How the Glycemic Index is a fairly useless tool for measuring carbohydrate values.
- Why whole wheat is not as healthy as you may think.
- How not drinking enough water can still lead to water intoxication.
- Why health foods and energy bars are actually making you slower.
- Why eating too much is rarely the cause of gas and bloating during your workout.
- And much more!
Brought to you by Ben Greenfield, the resident sports nutrition expert for EndurancePlanet.com, this book is guaranteed to re-invent the way you think about fueling your body!
About the Author
Ben Greenfield, Voted #1 Personal Trainer in the Nation in 2008, is a prominent expert voice in the burgeoning triathlon industry. Known as "The Brain" of triathlon, he holds a Master's degree in exercise science and biomechanics, an ISSN Sports Nutrition Certification, a Serotta Bike Fit Certification, and the highest attainable certification as a Strength & Conditioning Coach by the NSCA. Each week his blog at BenGreenfieldFitness.com receives tens of thousands of unique visitors who download his weekly nutrition and training articles and audios. He is the voice and author for "Get-Fit Guy" the #1 fitness podcast in iTunes, owner of "Endurance Planet" an endurance sports media website and a regular contributor to triathlon publications such as LAVA magazine, Everymantri, OnTri, TriFuel, Xtri, and Firstoffthebike. Ben has competed in the Triathlon World Championships of Olympic, Half and Full Ironman distances, and is the #1 ranked triathlete for Triathlon Northwest.
- Price World Publishing, April 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: