Thrifty Living: Teach Yourself
* Your ultimate guide to a cheaper, happier life, saving money everywhere from credit card bills to transport costs
* Goes back to basics, with lots of advice on cleaning your home the old-fashioned way, growing your own vegetables and similar
* A light-hearted approach that conceals plenty of practical tips and straightforward advice
* You can either work through the book, or dip in and out at leisure
Thrifty Living is a comprehensive but flexible guide to how to cut the costs of everyday living, how to save money, and even how to make a few extra pounds. It will allow you to make as many or as few changes as you want to cut back on spending, whether you just want to save a little money or whether you are on an impossibly tight budget. The structure and style of the book is equally flexible, allowing you to either work through step-by-step or to dip in and out of relevant sections when necessary. It covers all areas of spending, from banks and bills to shopping, and offers extra help for non-financial economies, including recycling, cooking and cleaning on a budget. With advice on cutting travel costs, and plenty of tips for cheap days out and sustainable, low-cost things to do, this is the ultimate guide to living a cheap but fulfilling life.
NOT GOT MUCH TIME?
One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience.
Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Extra online articles at www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of thrifty living.
FIVE THINGS TO REMEMBER
Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts.
Innovative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Hodder & Stoughton, March 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: