The transition phase from primary to secondary school is a time of massive personal, physical, psychological and social change. Not only is it a difficult time for the young adolescent, but it is also a challenging time for parents, teachers and anyone working with young people experiencing such substantial changes in their lives. In this highly accessible book, Angie Wilcock offers clear, practical, and realistic tips and strategies to support teachers’ and parents’ understanding of this difficult transition stage.
If you are concerned that your child or pupil may have difficulty coping with the many changes and challenges associated with this phase, this book will give you insight into issues such as:
- understanding the developing teen and effective ways to handle them
- keeping up with multiple assignments
- creating a system of organisation and an effective work space at home
- maintaining a healthy balance between work, play...and sleep
- developing a positive attitude to school and study
- setting realistic goals
- making new friends
- establishing life skills which are transferable to school.
Based on real-life teaching and parenting experience and full of practical, helpful case studies, this is just the resource you need to help you support and guide your developing teen.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: