The TAB Guide to Vacuum Tube Audio: Understanding and Building Tube Amps
- List Price$45.00
- Your price$35.99
Save $9.01 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Incorporate the "tube sound" into your home audio system
Learn how to work with vacuum tubes and construct high-quality audio amplifiers on your workbench with help from this hands-on, do-it-yourself resource. The TAB Guide to Vacuum Tube Audio: Understanding and Building Tube Amps explains tube theory and construction practices for the hobbyist.
Seven ready-to-build projects feature step-by-step instructions, detailed schematics, and layout tips. You'll also find out how to tweak the projects, each based on a classic RCA design, for your own custom-built amps.
- Principles and operational theory behind vacuum tubes
- Tube nomenclature, applications, and specifications
- Circuit layout, connections, and physical construction
- Finding and selecting the right components for the project
- Power supplies for vacuum tube circuits
- Preamplifier and power amplifier circuits
- Performance measurement
- Safety, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques
- Tips on building your own tube-based system—and having fun in the process
This book is intended for hobbyists interested in adding the tube sound to any audio system. (Readers looking for high-performance audiophile books are urged to consider the McGraw-Hill books by Morgan Jones.)
Learn more at www.vacuumtubeaudio.info
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
- McGraw-Hill Education, November 2011
McGraw-Hill Education TAB
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: