The Steps to the Supreme Court
A Guided Tour of the American Legal System
by Peter Irons
- List Price$22.95
- Your price$18.39
Save $4.56 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A guide to the American legal system, told through the story of two actual court cases
The Steps to the Supreme Court takes a lively, narrative approach to the subject by following two real cases--one civil, one criminal--as they work their way through the system all the way up to the Supreme Court. Written by a member of the Supreme Court bar, this book brings the legal system to life in a practical, accessible, and compelling way.
- Covers the key legal terms, principles, and processes you need to have a basic grasp of the American legal system
- Tracks the criminal case involving the murder trial of Paul House and follows the defendant from the night of the murder through his conviction, appeals, and final chance for exoneration at the hands of the Supreme Court
- Follows a civil case concerning the Ten Commandments being displayed on public property, following the parties from the time the plaintiffs filed their complaints through the Supreme Court decisions and back to the aftermath in the lower courts as they wrestle with a divided complex ruling
- Written by the author of A People's History of the Supreme Court, and other classic works on the American justice system
- Turner Publishing Company, March 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: