The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating : An A-Z Compendium of Navigation, Seamanship, Boat Maintenance, and Nautical Wisdom: An A-Z Compendium of Navigation, Seamanship, Boat Maintenance, and Nautical Wisdom
An A-Z Compendium of Navigation, Seamanship, Boat Maintenance, and Nautical Wisdom
by John Vigor
- List Price$18.95
- Your price$15.19
Save $3.76 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
“Vigor is one of the finest boating writers of our time.”--Cruising World
“You name it, it’s in here. Covers every boating situation. This book is both informative and entertaining.”--Latitudes & Attitudes
“John Vigor is the answer guy if you’re having onboard arguments about nautical terminology or the science of sailing in general, and his new book lives up to the promise in its title.”--Good Old Boat
Whether it’s boat maintenance, navigation, boat handling in all kinds of weather, or the physics of how boats function, every sailor and powerboater needs a comprehensive go-to source for specialized information. Now you have it with The Practical Encyclopedia of Boating:
- Addresses virtually every aspect of powerboating and sailing in 500 entries
- Covers seamanship and boat handling, navigation, routine boat maintenance, boat design and building, and nautical reference data
- Ranges from vital techniques--such as recovering overboard crew and measuring distances off--to essential concepts like reading the water and sky and evaluating a boat’s seaworthiness
- Includes numerous cross-references and an exhaustive index to direct you quickly to the right entry and to unify related topics
- Makes delightful browsing as well as a source of sound guidance for practically any boating situation
- McGraw-Hill Education, July 2007
International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: