The Lakota Way of Strength and Courage: Lessons in Resilience from the Bow and Arrow
Lessons in Resilience from the Bow and Arrow
- List Price$19.95
- Your price$15.99
Save $3.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In Lakota tradition, the bow and arrow were more than tools for hunting or battle. The bows resilience and flexibility, the arrows grace and power, the archers focus and patiencein these, we find the essential qualities for living a life of strength, purpose, and simplicity. In ,em>The Lakota Way of Strength and Courage, Joseph M. Marshall builds upon the central metaphor of the bow and arrow to provide a treasury of insights, stories, and irreplaceable wisdom. With elegant and captivating writing, this master storyteller illuminates timeless lessons on:
- Transformationhow we can preserve what is fundamental even as our external circumstances change
- Simplicitythe story of grandmother Grass Braid, who understood that the more you know, the less you need to carry
- Strength and Resiliencywhat the history and lore of the Lakota can teach us about growing through adversity
- Purposehow the world unveils our purpose to us, as revealed in story of the Keeper of the Winter Count
Once, the Lakota people relied on the ash bow and the willow arrow to provide food and sustenance. Today, these simple tools can offer us something even more precious: a way to nourish our souls with spiritual wisdom. Joseph M. Marshall offers a book that is at once profound, honest, and rich with meaning as he reveals The Lakota Way of Strength and Courage.
- Sounds True, February 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: