The Healthy Guide to Unhealthy Living
How to Survive Your Bad Habits
STRAIGHT TALK FROM A DOCTOR ON HOW TO MINIMIZE THE DAMAGE FROM THE UNHEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHOICES WE ALL KNOW WE SHOULDN'T MAKE -- BUT DO ANYWAY
There are thousands of books out there on how to live a healthy life, but let's be honest: most of us don't want to live a healthy life -- we want to know how to live our unhealthy lives better. The Healthy Guide to Unhealthy Living is a straightforward and honest guide to maintaining the fast-paced lifestyle you're accustomed to, without giving up all the bad habits that come along with it.
Whether you stayed up all night prepping for that early presentation or want to lose ten pounds fast for a high school reunion, whether you drank too much last night or wound up in an unfamiliar bed this morning, here's the practical advice you need for minimizing the damage and moving on with your life. A few of the issues addressed in this book include:
- Drinking and drugs: From easing the hangover pain to kicking a drug habit
- Sex: Pregnancy, STDs, and why you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet
- Pushing the limits: Sleepless nights, stress, and unavoidable life-related anxieties
- Everyday habits: Smoking, fast food, all-nighters, and the rest of those New Year's resolutions you haven't gotten around to yet
Whether you indulge yourself in Vegas or your own backyard, when it comes to your health, it's easy to assume the worst. But even if you don't live a completely virtuous life, The Healthy Guide to Unhealthy Living says that if you make some smart choices, you can avoid major worries or embarrassment. While this book won't take the place of your own doctor, it will give you some shortcuts to healthier habits and better living -- like safer sex and better sex, or a healthier diet and a better body -- that might become habits you can live with.
- Simon & Schuster, January 2006
Simon & Schuster
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: