The Best 100 Free Apps for Libraries
by Jim Hahn
- List Price$48.99
- Your price$44.09
Save $4.90 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Librarian Jim Hahn has carefully culled the over 500,000 available apps down to the 100 that are the absolute best for day-in, day-out library services. The guide covers apps for Apple and Android devices, including tablets. Each entry in this long-needed guide contains:
• a basic summary of how each app operates,
• at least one example of how that app can be used by a librarian,
• one example of how it can help a library user access library services,
• a section highlighting critical limitations and apps that may better serve a librarian’s needs, and
• the next possible iteration of the app.
Entries are accompanied by a photo of the app in action, so this current guide is both descriptive and visual. Introductory and final chapters cover using apps in library settings and library services as well as what the future should bring in this area. This guide is intended as an introduction for those with little or no app experience and for those wanting to know more about app uses for information access.
- Scarecrow Press, May 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: