The Analysis of Irregular Shaped Structures Diaphragms and Shear Walls
- List Price$140.00
- Your price$125.99
Save $14.01 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 56800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A Complete Guide to Solving Lateral Load Path Problems
The Analysis of Irregular Shaped Structures: Diaphragms and Shear Walls explains how to calculate the forces to be transferred across multiple discontinuities and reflect the design requirements on construction documents. Step-by-step examples offer progressive coverage, from basic to very advanced illustrations of load paths in complicated structures. The book is based on the 2009 International Building Code, ASCE/SEI 7-05, the 2005 Edition of the National Design Specification for Wood Construction, and the 2008 Edition of the Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic (SDPWS-08).
- Code sections and analysis
- Diaphragm basics
- Diaphragms with end horizontal offsets
- Diaphragms with intermediate offsets
- Diaphragms with openings
- Open front and cantilever diaphragms
- Diaphragms with vertical offsets
- Complex diaphragms with combined openings and offsets
- Standard shear walls
- Shear walls with openings
- Discontinous shear walls
- Horizontally offset shear walls
- The portal frame
- Rigid moment-resisting frame walls--the frame method of analysis
- McGraw-Hill Education, December 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: