Ten Steps to Better dSLR Photography
The Guide to Taking Control of Your Camera and the Images You Create
Ten Steps to Better dSLR Photography is a guide to help digital SLR photographers take control of their camera and the images they create.
Capturing great images with your dSLR should not be the occasional result of chance and luck. By taking control of your camera, its functions, and its settings you can begin to work with consistency and intention and take the photos you desire.
Readers of the author's popular dSLR camera guides such as Nikon D5200 Experience and Canon 70D Experience have benefited from his clear and concise explanations of digital SLR photography functions and concepts. With Ten Steps to Better dSLR Photography all photographers can learn these essential elements necessary for taking full advantage of a dSLR including how, when and why to use the camera’s various functions and settings.
With this guide you will learn:
- Controlling Your Autofocus System - focus where you want for sharp photos of still and moving subjects.
- Understanding Apertures and using Aperture Priority Mode to capture dramatic depth of field.
- Understanding Shutter Speed and using Shutter Priority Mode to freeze or express action.
- Choosing the Metering Mode, Adjusting Exposure Compensation, and Using the Histogram for proper exposure in all lighting situations.
- Determining proper ISO Settings and White Balance Settings.
- Selecting JPEG or RAW image file format to save your images.
- Improving Image Composition.
- The Image Taking Process - a tutorial making use of all the steps learned.
- …and more!
These are not simply photography "tips and tricks" but rather clear, concise, and useful explanations and examples of the fundamental functions, settings, and concepts of digital SLR photography. This illustrated guide can help the novice or intermediate photographer better understand their camera and how to use it to its full capabilities to consistently capture better images.
Take control of your dSLR camera and the images you create!
What Readers Are Saying about Doug’s Previous dSLR Guides:
It’s the first guide I've read which has taken me through all the settings in an understandable way. I now feel that I have control over the camera.
This book, together with the manual that came with your camera, is all you need to start discovering all the potential of this camera.
I don't know how I could fully take advantage of all the features my camera has to offer without this publication! It's well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera.
- Full Stop Media, May 2014
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: