Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker's Guide to Creating Modern Artifacts
- List Price$25.00
- Your price$19.99
Save $5.01 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Unleash Your Inner Mechanical Mastermind
Welcome to the wondrous world of Thomas Willeford, aka Lord Archibald "Feathers" Featherstone, in which he shares his closely guarded secrets of Steampunkery. Filled with do-it-yourself projects, Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker's Guide to Creating Modern Artifacts shows you how to build exquisite, ingenious contraptions on a budget.
Learn from Lord Featherstone as he distills his wealth of hard-learned skills, describes how to use the readily available tools of the modern mad scientist, and expounds on the art and philosophy of scavenging unique components and raw materials. The perfect companion for the hobbyist and advanced machinist alike, this inventive volume will guide you through the creation of your very own infernal devices.
Get steamed with these provocative projects:
- Aetheric ray deflector solid brass goggles
- Calibrated indicator gauges
- Ferromagnetic self-scribing automated encyclopedia (or, the Steampunk book drive)
- High voltage electro-static cannon (or, the lamp gun)
- Tesla-pod chrono-static insulating field generator (or, the mobile device enclosure)
- Altitude mask with integrated respiratory augmentation
- Armoured pith helmet
- Mark I superior replacement arm with integrated Gatling gun attachment
Visit the companion website, www.mhprofessional.com/steampunk, for videos, images, and more bonus content!
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
- McGraw-Hill Education, October 2011
McGraw-Hill Education TAB
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: