Social Work Placements
A Traveller's Guide
by Mark Doel
- List Price$44.95
- Your price$40.49
Save $4.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Placements can be one of the most exciting parts of your social work training but also one of the most daunting. This Guide will help you to make the most of your practice learning opportunities.
The guide highlights how you can make the most of your placement, as well as anticipating some of the problem areas and pitfalls to avoid. It covers:
- preparing for your placement
- getting to grips with placement documentation
- understanding how and what you might learn on placement
- integrating theory with practice
- non-traditional placements
- anticipating difficulties and dealing with them
- getting the best from assessment and evaluation.
Using a cast of ‘fellow travellers’ – students, work-based supervisors, practice educators and college tutors – to illustrate issues raised, the Guide is accessible and contains plenty of case studies. It is the ideal book for anyone wanting to make sure their placement goes as well as possible, whether they are a student or a supervisor.
- Taylor and Francis, December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: