A Brief Handbook and Website for Schenkerian Analysis
- List Price$48.95
- Your price$44.09
Save $4.86 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
SchenkerGUIDE is an accessible overview of Heinrich Schenker's complex but fascinating approach to the analysis of tonal music. The book has emerged out of the widely used website, www.SchenkerGUIDE.com, which has been offering straightforward explanations of Schenkerian analysis to undergraduate students since 2001.
Divided into four parts, SchenkerGUIDE offers a step-by-step method to tackling this often difficult system of analysis.
- Part I is an introduction to Schenkerian analysis, outlining the concepts that are involved in analysis
- Part II outlines a unique and detailed working method to help students to get started on the process of analysis
- Part III puts some of these ideas into practice by exploring the basics of a Schenkerian approach to form, register, motives and dramatic structure
- Part IV provides a series of exercises from the simple to the more sophisticated, along with hints and tips for their completion.
- Taylor and Francis, May 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: