SQL Pocket Guide
- List Price$11.99
- Your price$9.89
Save $2.10 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 5600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
If you're a programmer or database administrator who uses SQL in your day-to-day work, this popular pocket guide is the ideal on-the-job reference. You'll find many examples that address the language's complexity, along with key aspects of SQL used in IBM DB2 Release 9.7, MySQL 5.1, Oracle Database 11g Release 2, PostgreSQL 9.0, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Release 2.
SQL Pocket Guide describes how these database systems implement SQL syntax for querying, managing transactions, and making changes to data. It also shows how the systems use SQL functions, regular expression syntax, and type conversion functions and formats.
All example SQL statements in this book execute against a set of tables, with data that you can quickly download. The third edition covers important database changes, including:
- Oracle's support of the recursive WITH syntax, and addition of PIVOT and UNPIVOT operators
- Functions new to Oracle, such as LISTAGG, NTH_VALUE, and more
- PostgreSQL’s support of recursive WITH and some window functions
- DB2 syntax and datatypes, some compatible with Oracle
- MySQL features such as the TIMESTAMP type and the TO_SECONDS function
- O'Reilly Media, November 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: