Restoring Life's Missing Pieces: The Spiritual Power of Remembering and Reuniting with People, Places, Things and Sel
- List Price$16.99
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A powerful and thought-provoking look at reunions of all kinds as roads to remembering and re-membering ourselves.
Reunions with people, places, things, and ourselves happen every day around us and within us. Whether to participate or not will always be your choice.
from the Introduction
Explore humankinds timeless, universal and deeply spiritual desire to reunite for the sake of healing and wholeness. Whether we wander far from home or reminisce from our favorite armchair, people of all faiths or none whatsoever undertake journeys to remember, restore and re-member the missing pieces of our stories, psyches and souls:
- Do you occasionally Google a person from your past in hopes of catching up?
- Do you leaf through old address books to try to call someone for the first time in decades?
- When you visit gravesites or memorials, can you pinpoint what drew you there?
- Have you felt an urge to revisit your birthplace or travel to your ancestors homelands?
- Do you feel compelled to attend an upcoming high school, family or other reunion? If not, why not?
Caren Goldman, award-winning journalist and spiritual retreat leader, is author of Healing Words for the Body, Mind and Spirit: 101 Words to Inspire and Affirm, associate editor of Bible Workbench and contributing writer to www.explorefaith.org. Hundreds of her freelance articles on spirituality, health and religion have appeared in national magazines including New Age Journal, Natural Health, Yoga Journal, Intuition and Spirituality and Health. She also works as a conflict resolution consultant to churches, synagogues and not-for-profit organizations.
- SkyLight Paths Publishing, May 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: