R in a Nutshell
by Joseph Adler
- List Price$35.99
- Your price$28.79
Save $7.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
If you’re considering R for statistical computing and data visualization, this book provides a quick and practical guide to just about everything you can do with the open source R language and software environment. You’ll learn how to write R functions and use R packages to help you prepare, visualize, and analyze data. Author Joseph Adler illustrates each process with a wealth of examples from medicine, business, and sports.
Updated for R 2.14 and 2.15, this second edition includes new and expanded chapters on R performance, the ggplot2 data visualization package, and parallel R computing with Hadoop.
- Get started quickly with an R tutorial and hundreds of examples
- Explore R syntax, objects, and other language details
- Find thousands of user-contributed R packages online, including Bioconductor
- Learn how to use R to prepare data for analysis
- Visualize your data with R’s graphics, lattice, and ggplot2 packages
- Use R to calculate statistical fests, fit models, and compute probability distributions
- Speed up intensive computations by writing parallel R programs for Hadoop
- Get a complete desktop reference to R
- O'Reilly Media, September 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: