Python for Data Analysis
Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython
by Wes McKinney
- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Python for Data Analysis is concerned with the nuts and bolts of manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching data in Python. It is also a practical, modern introduction to scientific computing in Python, tailored for data-intensive applications. This is a book about the parts of the Python language and libraries you’ll need to effectively solve a broad set of data analysis problems. This book is not an exposition on analytical methods using Python as the implementation language.
Written by Wes McKinney, the main author of the pandas library, this hands-on book is packed with practical cases studies. It’s ideal for analysts new to Python and for Python programmers new to scientific computing.
- Use the IPython interactive shell as your primary development environment
- Learn basic and advanced NumPy (Numerical Python) features
- Get started with data analysis tools in the pandas library
- Use high-performance tools to load, clean, transform, merge, and reshape data
- Create scatter plots and static or interactive visualizations with matplotlib
- Apply the pandas groupby facility to slice, dice, and summarize datasets
- Measure data by points in time, whether it’s specific instances, fixed periods, or intervals
- Learn how to solve problems in web analytics, social sciences, finance, and economics, through detailed examples
- O'Reilly Media, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: