Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition
500,000 students later Gross continues to set the standard for Psychology textbooks. This thoroughly updated edition is colourful, engaging, and packed with features that help students to understand and evaluate classic and contemporary Psychology. Gross is the 'bible' for students of Psychology and anyone in related fields such as Counselling, Nursing and Social Work who needs a reliable, catch-all text.
All the major domains of Psychology are covered in detail across 50 manageable chapters that will help you get to grips with anything from the nervous system to memory, from attachment to personality, and everything in-between. A final section on issues and debates allows students to cast a critical eye on the research process, to explore the nature of Psychology as an evolving science, and understand some of the ethical issues faced by Psychologists.
- Brings contemporary Psychology alive with brand new double-page features which showcase contributions from Psychology's leading figures
- Packed with features: Introductions and Summaries, Ask Yourself Questions, Key Studies, Critical and Cross-Cultural material
- Improved coverage throughout of work from neuroscience, neuropsychology and evolutionary psychology
- Covers everything you need to know, in the depth in which you need to know it
- Explicitly links different areas of Psychology to help more able students get better grades.
New for this edition, Gross is supported by an extensive and interactive Dynamic Learning resource package. Just as Gross the book 'does everything', this comprehensive online resources package will help students to learn, and course leaders to deliver that learning. A free Dynamic Learning resources website supports students in revision, essay writing, and matching the book content to their course. A separately available set of multimedia-rich online resources can be tailored to the varied needs of course leaders.
- Hodder Education, March 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: