Whatever your project - no matter how big or small - PRINCE2 For Dummies, 2009 Edition is the perfect guide to using this project management method to help ensure its success.
Fully updated with the 2009 practice guidelines, this book will take you through every step of a project - from planning and establishing roles to closing and reviewing - offering practical and easy-to-understand advice on using PRINCE2. It also shows how to use the method when approaching the key concerns of project management, including setting up effective controls, managing project risk, managing quality and controlling change. PRINCE2 allows you to divide your project into manageable chunks, so you can make realistic plans and know when resources will be needed. PRINCE2 For Dummies, 2009 Edition provides you with a comprehensive guide to its systems, procedures and language so you can run efficient and successful projects.
PRINCE2 For Dummies, 2009 Edition includes:
Part I: How PRINCE Can Help You
- Chapter 1: So What's a Project Method and Why Do I Need to Use One?
- Chapter 2: Outlining the Structure of PRINCE2
- Chapter 3: Getting Real Power from PRINCE2
Part II: Working Through Your Project
- Chapter 4: Checking the Idea Before You Start
- Chapter 5: Planning the Whole Project: Initiation
- Chapter 6: Preparing for a Stage in the Project
- Chapter 7: Controlling a Stage
- Chapter 8: Building the Deliverables - the Work of the Teams
- Chapter 9: Finishing the Project
- Chapter 10: Running Effective Project Boards
Part III: Help with PRINCE Project Management
- Chapter 11: Producing and Updating the Business Case
- Chapter 12: Deciding Roles and Responsibilities
- Chapter 13: Managing Project Quality
- Chapter 14: Planning the Project, Stages, and Work Packages
- Chapter 15: Managing Project Risk
- Chapter 16: Controlling Change and Controlling Versions
- Chapter 17: Monitoring Progress and Setting Up Effective Controls
Part IV: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 18: Ten Ways to Make PRINCE Work Well
- Chapter 19: Ten Tips for a Good Business Case
- Chapter 20: Ten Things for Successful Project Assurance Part V: Appendices
- Appendix A: Looking into PRINCE Qualifications
- Appendix B: Glossary of the Main PRINCE2 Terms
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
PRINCE2 For Dummies
by Nick Graham
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
PRINCE2 For Dummies
by Nick Graham
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 26, 2016
- Wiley, April 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: