Oracle Quick Guides Part 2 - Oracle Database Design
- Your price$3.50
Or, get it for 2400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This is Part 2 of a series of quick learning guides for Oracle designers, developers and managers. Part 2 introduces completely new entrants to concepts of Oracle database analysis and design, database normalisation, the logical data model, E-R modelling and diagrams, logical to physical transformation in Oracle Designer, physical database design, de-normalization, database design for performance, and building a physical database from a server model.
These guides are designed to rapidly deliver key information about Oracle to the following audience groups:
- Project Managers and Team Leaders who are new to Oracle and need rapid access to strategic information about the Oracle design and development environment.
- Business Analysts, Designers and Software developers who are new to Oracle and need to make first steps in gaining a detailed understanding of the design and development issues involved in Oracle.
Part 2 assumes that the reader has a basic knowledge of the relational model and a basic understanding of logical and physical design concepts. The contents of Part 2 include the following subject headings:
Preface and Audience
1. The Analysis phase - Separating Functional and Database Design
2. Introduction to Data modelling and Database Design: Logical and Physical concepts of design
3. Practical Logical Design - Data-modelling
4. Practical Logical Design using Oracle Designer
5. Moving from the Logical to the Physical design
6. Practical Physical Design (using Oracle Designer)
7. Designing a database for Performance
8. Building the physical database from Designer
9. Managing Changes during development
10. Glossary of Terms
- Malcolm Coxall, May 2013
Malcolm Coxall - Cornelio Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: