Nutrition and Football
The FIFA/FMARC Consensus on Sports Nutrition
by Ron Maughan
- List Price$54.95
- Your price$49.49
Save $5.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 22800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Nutrition and Football is a FIFA endorsed book which provides the first formal scientific consensus on players’ energy use fluid, and optimal nutritional requirements. Including:
- nutrition for pre-season, training, match play and in different climates
- analysis of the energy and metabolic demands of players in different positions
- water and electrolyte requirements
- strategies to balance effects of stress, over training and over playing
- ideal body composition in professional football
- analysis and interventions to counter late game fatigue
- supplements and nutrition for optimum training adaptation
- the effects of alcohol on metabolism, performance and general health.
Each contributor to this accessible guide is an internationally recognized expert in their field and the chapters embrace all key aspects of nutrition for football. Presenting cutting-edge research, the book has a practical and applied focus and has been developed with input from practicing sports nutrition club professionals.
- Taylor and Francis, November 2006
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: