Mosby's 2017 Nursing Drug Reference
- List Price$44.95
- Your price$40.49
Save $4.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 18800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Choose the drug handbook trusted by nurses for nearly 30 years! Mosby’s 2017 Nursing Drug Reference makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs you administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled — including 20 new entries for drugs recently approved by the FDA. And no other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, Safety Alerts for situations requiring special attention, and a focus on both common and life-threatening side effects. From nursing pharmacology expert Linda Skidmore-Roth, this perennial bestseller proves there is a difference in drug guides.
- More than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug you will administer in practice or in clinicals.
- Comprehensive drug monographs include generic names, Rx or OTC availability, pronunciations, U.S. and Canadian trade names, functional and chemical classification, controlled-substance schedule, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes, available forms, side effects, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug/lab test), nursing considerations, and treatment of overdose.
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Safety Alert icon highlights the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Overview of drug categories explains the safe administration of common classes of drugs, as well as their common side effects and interactions.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Cross-references indicate drug information that may be found in the appendices.
- Flexible, water-resistant cover provides durability in the clinical setting.
- A companion website includes updates with recently approved drugs, additional drug monographs, a full-color pill atlas, drug dosage calculators, herbal products, Canadian drug information, patient teaching guidelines, and more.
- 20 NEW monographs provide up-to-date content on newly released drugs.
- UPDATED content covers the latest drug therapies.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, March 2016
- Download options:
- EPUB 3 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: