Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Internals
- List Price$47.99
- Your price$38.39
Save $9.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Delve inside the core SQL Server engine—and put that knowledge to work—with guidance from a team of well-known internals experts. Whether database developer, architect, or administrator, you’ll gain the deep knowledge you need to exploit key architectural changes—and capture the product’s full potential. Discover how SQL Server works behind the scenes, including:
- What happens internally when SQL Server builds, expands, shrinks, and moves databases
- How to use event tracking—from triggers to the Extended Events Engine
- Why the right indexes can drastically reduce your query execution time
- How to transcend normal row-size limits with new storage capabilities
- How the Query Optimizer operates
- Multiple techniques for troubleshooting problematic query plans
- When to force SQL Server to reuse a cached query plan—or create a new one
- What SQL Server checks internally when running DBCC
- How to choose among five isolation levels and two concurrency models when working with multiple concurrent users
- Pearson Education, March 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: