- List Price$34.95
- Your price$31.49
Save $3.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 14800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Routledge Performance Practitioners is a series of introductory guides to the key theatre-makers of the last century. Each volume explains the background to and the work of one of the major influences on twentieth- and twenty-first-century performance.
Marina Abramovic is the creator of pioneering performance art which transcends the form's provocative origins. Her visceral and extreme performances have tested the limits of both body and mind, communicating with audiences worldwide on a personal and political level. The book combines:
- a biography, setting out the contexts of Abramovic’s work
- an examination of the artist through her writings, interviews and influences
- a detailed analysis of her work, including studies of the Rhythm series, Nightsea Crossing and The House with the Ocean View
- practical explorations of the performances and their origins
As a first step towards critical understanding, and as an initial exploration before going on to further, primary research, Routledge Performance Practitioners are unbeatable value for today’s student.
- Taylor and Francis, September 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: