Manure Pathogens: Manure Management, Regulations, and Water Quality Protection
Manure Management, Regulation, and Water Quality Protection
- List Price$146.00
- Your price$131.39
Save $14.61 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 59200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A Complete Guide to Manure Pathogen Management
This comprehensive volume provides in-depth information on the management of potentially harmful pathogens present in the manure of agricultural animals, including cattle, pigs, and chickens. Developed by the Water Environment Federation, this book brings together experts in the fields of pathogens, manure management, water purification, and regulations. Manure Pathogens offers strategies for ensuring the protection of the animals producing the manure, the public that may be exposed to these wastes, and the environment. Regulatory guidelines are included throughout the book.
Manure Pathogens covers:
- Concentrated animal feeding operations
- Pathogen removal from drinking water
- Viral transmission through animal manure
- Bacterial pathogens, parasites, and antibiotics in manure
- The effects of manure pathogens on humans
- Persistence and transport of pathogens in soil and water
- Detecting parasites in environmental samples
- Pathogen destruction in solids and effluents
- Industrial composting
- On-farm manure processing
- Value-added products from manure and municipal biosolids
- McGraw-Hill Education, July 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: