Luck and Death at the Edge of the World
by Nas Hedron
- Your price$4.99
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 2800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
“A great science fiction detective story.”
- Ian Watson, author of The Universal Machine
"Cutting edge speculative fiction."
- Ernest Hogan, author of Cortez on Jupiter
"Sharply erudite, with the vicious tang of cordite."
- Paul Morris, author of Time Traveller Danny and the Codebreaker
Second Edition! Scroll down to see what’s new in this edition.
Security specialist Gat Burroughs died once and he’ll be damned if he lets it happen again. Unfortunately somebody is determined to kill his client, a washed up star named Max Prince, and isn’t afraid to go through Gat to do it.
Is it Max’s debauched granddaughter and heir? Is it the deadly Suerte y Muerte, a cult that kills to steal good luck? Is it Max’s own lawyer and manager, James Jerome?
And how on Earth did the would-be assassin get past Max Prince’s top-grade A.I., the one that’s adopted the likeness of computer pioneer Alan Turing?
Gat will have to follow the clues through L.A.’s underworld, the slums of Mexico City, and his own guilty past to find the surprising answer.
New for the Second Edition
What’s new in this edition? The story is the same, of course, but there is all new behind-the-scenes bonus material in the book and on the new Luck and Death home page (www.LuckAndDeath.com).
*** Don't miss out on the free soundtrack album! Stream or download it at https://luckanddeathsoundtrack.wordpress.com/ ***
In the Book
The book contains a new section after the novel entitled The Facts in the Fiction, which looks at the factual background to the fictional story, including:
- the 1920s celebrity home that served as the model for Max’s mansion, Cloud City
- current work in robotics behind the Dogware, including nanorobotics, swarm robotics, and the military application of robots
- the scary reality behind the emerging infectious diseases that cause sudden quarantines in 23rd century Los Angeles
- the real science that may one day permit the uploading of human consciousness into an artificial body
- the historic computer genius behind the fictional A.I. in Luck and Death, and
- and more!
On the Home Page
The new Luck and Death home page at www.LuckAndDeath.com has even more bonus content, including links, embedded video, music, and a PDF library.
- Hipper Tiger, July 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: