#1 best-selling guide to the Philippines*
Lonely Planet Philippines is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Swim at secluded beaches in the Bacuit Archipelago, take part in a colourful fiesta, dive remote reefs and magnificent walls at Apo Island or Balicasag; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Philippines and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Philippines Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, etiquette, people, culture, politics, environmental issues, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine.
- Over 90 maps
- Covers Manila, Corregidor, Luzon, Zambales Coast, Lingayen Gulf, Ilocos, the Cordillera, Batanes, Bicol, Masbate, Catanduanes, Marinduque, Mindoro, Boracay, the Visayas, Negros, Cebu, Bohol, Samar, Mindanao, Palawan and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Philippines, our most comprehensive guide to the Philippines, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a shoestring guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Michael Grosberg, Greg Bloom, Trent Holden, Anna Kaminski and Paul Stiles.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to The Philippines. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, February 2014-January 2015
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: