Helping Your Child Succeed on the Ketogenic Diet
- List Price$15.99
- Your price$15.19
Save $0.80 (5% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
For more than half of all children with epilepsy, the only reliable way to control seizures is the ketogenic diet, a rigid, mathematically calculated, doctor-supervised regimen that is high in fat and low in carbohydrate and protein, and strictly limits both calories and liquid intake.
In Keto Kid: Helping Your Child Succeed on the Ketogenic Diet, Deborah Snyder, a family physician and mother of a four-year-old, keto kid, provides compassionate advice for parents transitioning to a lifestyle where one extra bite of food can have serious repercussions on a child's health.
This unique book gives readers all the facts about the day-to-day management of the diet, while communicating the emotional struggle encountered by children when they mourn the loss of their favorite foods, and must learn rigid self-denial at a very young age.
Topics covered include:
- Recipes for keto-friendly meals, and tips for making this limited diet more interesting
- Managing deeply food-oriented occasions like holidays and parties
- Time-saving strategies, such as pre-weighing and freezing meals
- Dealing with the emotional loss of a child's favorite foods
- A day-by-day account of life on the ketogenic diet, in diary form
- And much more!
Snyder is calm, direct, and above all, hopeful. Keto Kid is a practical guide that will enable families to successfully master the ketogenic diet, while making the experience as pleasant as possible for both child and parent.
- Springer Publishing Company, November 2006
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: