Essential Java programming skills made easy
From Herb Schildt, the number-one programming author worldwide, comes this fully revised and updated introductory Java guide. You will get all the information you need to get up and running with the latest version of the most popular Web programming language.
Java 7: A Beginner's Guide, Fifth Edition will have you programming in Java right away. The book has been updated to cover the new features of Java 7 including closures, the enhanced switch statement, the enhanced catch statement, and extension methods, and more.
Designed for Easy Learning:
- Key Skills & Concepts--Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
- Ask the Expert--Q & A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Try This--Hands-on exercises that show you how to apply your skills
- Notes--Extra information related to the topic being covered
- Tips--Helpful reminders or alternate ways of doing things
- Self Tests--End-of-chapter reviews to test your knowledge
- Annotated syntax--Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated
Full coverage of Java 7 essentials:
Java Fundamentals; Introducing Data Types and Operators; Program Control Statements; Introducing Classes, Objects, and Methods; More Data Types and Operators; A Closer Look at Methods and Classes; Inheritance; Packages and Interfaces; Exception Handling; Using I/O; Multithreaded Programming; Enumerations, Autoboxing, and Static Import; Generics; Applets, Events, and Miscellaneous Topics; Introducing Swing
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: