Complementary approaches in clinical care
- List Price$55.95
- Your price$50.39
Save $5.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 23200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Many health care professionals and complementary therapists use hypnotherapy as part of their package of care. Integrative Hypnotherapy provides fully evidence-based instruction on how to integrate the theory and practice of hypnotherapy into a range of clinical settings. It presents a combined approach of using hypnotherapy alongside other therapies, and is authored by a multidisciplinary team (nurses, psychologists, hypnotherapists and CAM therapists) who use hypnotherapy in their practice and is edited by well-known and popular educators in the field. The book is divided into two sections: key concepts and approaches in practice. The second section covers the application of hypnotherapy to specific situations/problems, eg managing pain, smoking cessation, gastro-intestinal disorders, life-threatening illness, anxiety, and weight management. Students and practitioners will be taken on a journey of examination, critical review and debate prior to reaching recommendations for best practice.
• Relates hypnotherapy theory and practice to health care settings
• Provides research evidence to support and develop practice
• Presents combined approach of using hypnotherapy with other CAM therapies
• Provides practical clinical models and case studies to allow easy application of theory to practice.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 26, 2016
- Elsevier Health Sciences UK, July 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: