How To Implement Lean Manufacturing
- List Price$60.00
- Your price$53.99
Save $6.01 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 24800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A Practical, Hands-on Guide to Lean Manufacturing
This real-world resource offers proven solutions for implementing lean manufacturing in an enterprise environment, covering the engineering and production aspects as well as the business culture concerns. Filled with detailed examples, the book focuses on the rapid application of lean principles so that large, early financial gains can be made.
How to Implement Lean Manufacturing explains Toyota Production System (TPS) practices and specifies the distinct order in which lean techniques should be applied to achieve maximum gains. Global case studies illustrate successes and pitfalls of lean manufacturing initiatives. Discover how to:
- Rigorously test and retest the state of your "leanness" with unique evaluators
- Develop and deploy plant-wide strategies and goals
- Improve speed and quality and dramatically reduce costs
- Reduce variation in the manufacturing system in order to reduce inventory
- Reduce lead times to enable improved responsiveness and flexibility
- Synchronize production and supply to the customer
- Create flow and establish pull-demand systems
- Perform system-wide and specific value-stream evaluations
- Generate a comprehensive list of highly focused Kaizen activities
- Sustain process gains
- Manage constraints and reduce bottlenecks
- Implement cellular manufacturing
- McGraw-Hill Education, July 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: