How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 6-8
by Sue Palmer
- List Price$39.95
- Your price$35.99
Save $3.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Now in an updated second edition How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 6-8 provides a range of practical suggestions for teaching non-fiction writing skills and linking them to children’s learning across the entire curriculum. Providing a number of suggestions for teachers and putting emphasis on creative approaches to teaching children writing in diverse and innovative ways, it provides:
- techniques for using speaking and listening, drama and games to prepare for writing
- suggestions for the use of cross-curricular learning as a basis for writing
- planning frameworks and ‘skeletons’ to promote thinking skills
- information on key language features of non-fiction texts
- examples of non-fiction writing
- guidance on the process of creating writing from note-making.
With new hints and tips for teachers and suggestions for reflective practice, How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 6-8 will equip teachers with all the skills and materials needed to create enthusiastic non-fiction writers in their primary classroom.
- Taylor and Francis, September 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: