How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 8-14
by Sue Palmer
- List Price$41.95
- Your price$37.79
Save $4.16 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Now in an updated second edition How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 8-14 provides a range of practical suggestions for teaching non-fiction writing skills and linking them to children’s learning across the curriculum. Emphasising creative approaches to teaching children’s writing in diverse and innovative ways, it provides:
- information on the organisation and language features of the six main non-fiction text types (recount, report, instruction, explanation, persuasion and discussion)
- suggestions for the use of cross-curricular learning as a basis for writing
- planning frameworks for children to promote thinking skills
- advice on developing children’s writing to help with organisational issues – paragraphing and layout, and the key language features
- examples of non-fiction writing
- suggestions for talk for learning and talk for writing (including links to 'Speaking Frames'; also published by Routledge)
- information on the transition from primary to secondary school.
With new hints and tips for teachers and suggestions for reflective practice as well as a wealth of photocopiable materials, How to Teach Writing Across the Curriculum: Ages 8-14 will equip teachers with all the skills needed to create enthusiastic non-fiction writers in their classroom.
- Taylor and Francis, September 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: