How to Teach Poetry Writing: Workshops for Ages 8-13
Developing Creative Literacy
- List Price$55.95
- Your price$50.39
Save $5.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 23200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Now in a fully revised and extended second edition, How to Teach Poetry Writing: Workshops for Ages 8-13 is a practical and activity based resource of writing workshops to help you teach poetry in the primary classroom. Designed to help build writing, speaking and listening skills, this book contains a wide selection of workshops exemplifying a variety of poetry styles and showing how their unique features can be used to teach key literacy skills. This book includes:
- redrafting and revising activities;
- poetry writing frames;
- traditional and contemporary poems from a range of cultures;
- poems written by children about their favourite subjects;
- word games and notes on performing poetry;
- cross-curricular links;
- new workshops on performance poetry, wordplay, rhyming and unrhyming poetry senses and narrative poetry;
- an A-Z Guide to Poetry.
Featuring a wealth of poems and a new bibliography to help you find the perfect poem for a lesson, this book will be of interest to all teachers looking to develop the necessary skills in their pupils to become confident writers of poetry.
- Taylor and Francis, March 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: