How to Fly Fish
"How To Fly Fish" is a beginner’s guide to the sport of fly fishing. In it, you will find everything a new fly fisher should know about getting started in this rewarding, lifelong pastime. You’ll learn about:
- Fish, mainly trout – their habits, favorite foods, secret hiding places and how to fool them with a tiny artificial fly
- Equipment – from rods and reels to nets and waders, what to look for in good gear and what you need in a beginner’s setup
- Reading water – recognizing structure and current patterns that make for good fly fishing water; temperature, clarity and flow rates for optimal conditions
- Insects – mayflies, caddis flies, stone flies, even grasshoppers; why the fish cannot resist them; selecting artificial flies to match the real thing
- Casting – basic instruction on how to get the fly in the air and onto the water; we’ll look at tempo and line management, and provide a couple of expert tips
- Hooking and playing a fish – what to do when you hook into a big, strong fish; techniques for working the rod and controlling the line
- Landing and releasing fish – how to handle and remove the hook from a tired trout in as little time as possible, sending it back home alive and well
- Hiring a guide – the benefits of spending a little cash for a lot of experience
- Drift boats – the allure of fly fishing from a river craft designed to maximize your success on the water
- Learning more – where to find the best tips and information on everything from history and conservation to tying your own flies
There’s much more, including a section on putting together a perfect day of fly fishing on a classic river. This is another great e-book from ExpertHow.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
How to Fly Fish
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
How to Fly Fish
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 25, 2016
- HowExpert, November 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: