How to Crochet Recycled Materials: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Crocheting Recycled Materials
Are you the sort of person who hates throwing anything away that might still have a use? Do you enjoy bargain hunting and crocheting? Then this guide is definitely for you!
With the help of straight forward, easy to follow instructions and step-by-step photos, you’ll learn how to:
- See the world around you through a new lens that turns just about everything into a possible crochet material;
- Save money on yarn while still being able to create beautiful projects;
- Choose sweaters that are good candidates for unraveling and reuse;
- Figure out what sort of fiber a mystery yarn is made from;
- Unravel a sweater the easy, fast way;
- Roll a center-pull yarn ball like the ones seen in stores;
- Make yarn from plastic grocery bags;
- Make yarn from old jeans;
- Make yarn from old t-shirts;
- Use your new yarns to make fun and useful items like afghans, hot pads, and purses;
- And more!
There’s also no need to worry about being a master crocheter, sewer, or crafter in general. The techniques used to create yarns as well as work with them are all very basic. If you can use scissors and if you’ve mastered the most basic of crochet stitches, then you’ll feel like an expert within minutes with the help of this guide.
- HowExpert, October 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: