Hero of the Pacific
The Life of Marine Legend John Basilone
by James Brady
- List Price$14.95
- Your price$11.99
Save $2.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
From New York Times bestselling author James Brady-the story of Marine legend John Basilone, one of three main characters in HBO's The Pacific
Gunnery Sergeant John Basilone was a Marine legend who received the Medal of Honor for holding off 3,000 Japanese on Guadalcanal and the Navy Cross posthumously for his bravery on Iwo Jima. This is the story of how a young man from Raritan, New Jersey, became one of America's biggest World War II heroes.
- Profiles one of three main characters in HBO's The Pacific, the successful sequel to the popular mini-series Band of Brothers
- "A carefully reported, briskly written book . . . that could go a long way toward correcting . . . historical oversight." –The Los Angeles Times
- Sorts through the differing accounts of Basilone's life and exploits, including what he did on Iwo Jima and how he died
- The final book by James Brady, the Korean War veteran and well-known columnist and author of books that include Why Marines Fight and an autobiography, The Coldest War, a Pulitzer Prize finalist
An incredible story masterfully told, Hero of the Pacific will appeal to anyone with an interest in World War II and military history as well as fans of HBO's The Pacific.
- Turner Publishing Co., December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: