Handbook of Sound Studio Construction: Rooms for Recording and Listening
by Ken Pohlmann
- List Price$42.00
- Your price$33.59
Save $8.41 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Build first-class recording studios and listening spaces
Design and build your own audiophile-grade recording and playback environments using proven, cost-effective plans and techniques. Handbook of Sound Studio Construction: Rooms for Recording and Listening explains practical acoustical properties and describes how to engineer acoustically sensitive spaces, including music recording studios, control rooms, voice studios, home project studios, A/V suites, media rooms, and surround-sound home theaters.
Learn how to choose room dimensions, select building materials, construct your own custom treatments, maximize isolation, and generate and analyze response curves. This do-it-yourself guide incorporates decades of roomdesign experience and provides you with the practical knowledge to design and build your own acoustical spaces or improve existing spaces.
- An introduction to room acoustics and acoustical design
- Reflecting, absorbing, and diffusing materials
- Room geometry, modes, and treatment
- Acoustic isolation, site selection, and HVAC design
- Wall, floor, and ceiling construction
- Window and door design considerations
- Reverberation times, early reflections, and psychoacoustics
- Objective and subjective room evaluation
- Plans and specifications for 10 recording and listening rooms
- McGraw-Hill Education, December 2012
McGraw-Hill Education TAB
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: