by Eric Sammer
- List Price$42.99
- Your price$34.39
Save $8.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
If you’ve been asked to maintain large and complex Hadoop clusters, this book is a must. Demand for operations-specific material has skyrocketed now that Hadoop is becoming the de facto standard for truly large-scale data processing in the data center. Eric Sammer, Principal Solution Architect at Cloudera, shows you the particulars of running Hadoop in production, from planning, installing, and configuring the system to providing ongoing maintenance.
Rather than run through all possible scenarios, this pragmatic operations guide calls out what works, as demonstrated in critical deployments.
- Get a high-level overview of HDFS and MapReduce: why they exist and how they work
- Plan a Hadoop deployment, from hardware and OS selection to network requirements
- Learn setup and configuration details with a list of critical properties
- Manage resources by sharing a cluster across multiple groups
- Get a runbook of the most common cluster maintenance tasks
- Monitor Hadoop clusters—and learn troubleshooting with the help of real-world war stories
- Use basic tools and techniques to handle backup and catastrophic failure
- O'Reilly Media, September 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: