Guide to Essential Math
A Review for Physics, Chemistry and Engineering Students
- List Price$52.95
- Your price$47.69
Save $5.26 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 22000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book reminds students in junior, senior and graduate level courses in physics, chemistry and engineering of the math they may have forgotten (or learned imperfectly) which is needed to succeed in science courses. The focus is on math actually used in physics, chemistry and engineering, and the approach to mathematics begins with 12 examples of increasing complexity, designed to hone the student's ability to think in mathematical terms and to apply quantitative methods to scientific problems. By the author's design, no problems are included in the text, to allow the students to focus on their science course assignments.
- Highly accessible presentation of fundamental mathematical techniques needed in science and engineering courses
- Use of proven pedagogical techniques develolped during the author’s 40 years of teaching experience
- illustrations and links to reference material on World-Wide-Web
- Coverage of fairly advanced topics, including vector and matrix algebra, partial differential equations, special functions and complex variables
- Elsevier Science, April 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: