Growing Up with Two Languages
A Practical Guide for the Bilingual Family
- List Price$42.95
- Your price$38.69
Save $4.26 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The lives of many families involve contact with more than one language and culture on a daily basis. Growing Up with Two Languages is aimed at the many parents and professionals who feel uncertain about the best way to go about helping children gain maximum benefit from the multilingual situation.
This best-selling guide is illustrated by glimpses of life from interviews with fifty families from all around the world. The trials and rewards of life with two languages and cultures are discussed in detail, and followed by practical advice on how to support the child’s linguistic development.
Features of this third edition include:
- a dedicated website with new and updated Internet resources
- a new chapter giving the perspective of adults who have themselves grown up with more than one language
- a new chapter presenting research into bilingual language acquisition with information about further reading
- new and updated first-hand advice and examples throughout.
Una Cunningham is an Associate Professor in Modern Languages at Stockholm University, Sweden. She and her husband, Staffan Andersson, have raised their four children to speak English and Swedish in Sweden.
- Taylor and Francis, May 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: