What I Learned About Life from Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry
- List Price$25.95
- Your price$20.79
Save $5.16 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 11200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
One the greatest NFL broadcasters distills the wisdom of two of the greatest coaches
As both a tight end and a place kicker for the 1958 Giants (back when special teams were part of the defense), Pat Summerall was the only person to be coached by both Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry, the team's offensive and defensive coaches, respectively. In telling the story of that legendary season, which ended with the Giants losing to the Colts in the NFL championship game, Summerall explores the wisdom that was passed along to him that made him a better player, and later a better broadcaster and better a man.
- The wide range of lessons covers personal behavior (react like a football player; training doesn't end in training camp; don't dwell on your success), work relationships (the boss keeps time, they can get somebody who wants to play) and winning (believe in your heart that you'll win, try to win every game, but focus on one game at a time)
- The book also lays out the Lombardi Code (Speak Confidently, and Prepare) and the Landry Code (Faith, Family and Football)
- Summerall tells vivid and inspirational stories about the game on and off the field that
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Pat Summerall
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Pat Summerall
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 25, 2016
- Turner Publishing Company, September 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: