Gene Therapy: Prospective Technology assessment in its societal context
- List Price$175.00
- Your price$157.49
Save $17.51 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 70800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book presents work that has been conducted as part of the research project "Discourse on ethical questions of biomedicine" of the interdisciplinary Working Group Bioethics and Science Communication at the Max-Delbrueck-Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC)in Berlin-Buch, Germany. This book offers ground-breaking ideas on how the daily interworking of cutting-edge biomedical research assess the broader social context and its communication to stakeholders and the public. Editors cover three aspects: Scientific, Ethical and Legal, and Perception and Communication. This work establishes an international and interdisciplinary network of excellent researchers at the beginning of their careers, who brilliantly integrate their work into the different perspectives on gene therapy from the natural and social sciences, as well as the humanities and law.
* Discusses biological and cellular barriers limiting the clinical application of nonviral gene delivery
* Addresses such questions as: Does patent granting hinder the development of Gene Therapy products?
* Offers insight in the future of public perception of gene therapy in Europe
* Provides details on how to communicate risks in gene therapy
- Elsevier Science, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 3 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: