Forensic Structural Engineering Handbook
by Robert Ratay
- List Price$140.00
- Your price$125.99
Save $14.01 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 56800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Most Complete and Up-to-Date Resource on Forensic Structural Engineering
Thoroughly revised and featuring contributions from leading experts, this definitive handbook offers comprehensive treatment of forensic structural engineering and expert witness delivery. From exploring the possible origins of errors, through investigating and analyzing failures, to working with the legal profession for assigning responsibilities, Forensic Structural Engineering Handbook, Second Edition covers every important topic in the field.
- The design and construction process
- Design and construction safety codes, standards, and regulations
- Standard of care and duty to perform
- First steps and legal concerns after a failure
- Engineering investigation of failures
- Origins and causes of failures
- Loads and hazards
- Design errors, construction defects, and project miscommunication
- Defects, deterioration, and durability
- Mechanisms and analyses of failures in steel, concrete, masonry, timber, and temporary structures; building envelope; and structural foundations
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- The expert consultant and witness
- McGraw-Hill Education, November 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: