Facing the Nazi Past
United Germany and the Legacy of the Third Reich
by Bill Niven
- List Price$41.95
- Your price$37.79
Save $4.16 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Facing the Nazi Past examines how the communist East viewed the events of these years very differently from West Germany during the Cold War. Following the unification of Germany, these contrasting memories of the Third Reich have contributed to a new perspective on this period of German history.
Facing the Nazi Past explores the developments and debates that were symptomatic of this shift towards a more open confrontation with the past, such as:
* the image of resistance to Hitler in united Germany
* changes at concentration camp memorial sites since 1990
* the commemoration of 8 May 1945 in 1995
* how the revelations in Goldhagen's startling book Hitler's Willing Executioners triggered new discussion
* the plans for the construction of a Holocaust Memorial.
Anyone; students, scholars or interested readers, who are involved in the study of European history, will find this an enthralling and informative read.
- Taylor and Francis, September 2001
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: