Extreme Risk Management: Revolutionary Approaches to Evaluating and Measuring Risk
- List Price$79.95
- Your price$63.99
Save $15.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 32800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A revolutionary new approach for detecting and managing inherent risk
The unprecedented turmoil in the financial markets turned the field of quantitative finance on its head and generated severe criticism of the statistical models used to manage risk and predict “black swan” events. Something very important had been lost when statistical representations replaced expert knowledge and statistics substituted for causation.
Extreme Risk Management brings causation into the equation. The use of causal models in risk management, securities valuation, and portfolio management provides a real and much-needed alternative to the stochastic models used so far. Providing an alternative tool for risk modeling and scenario-building in stress-testing, this game-changing book uses causal models that help you:
- Evaluate risk with extraordinary accuracy
- Predict devastating worst-case scenarios
- Enhance transparency
- Facilitate better decision making
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Plausibility vs. Probability: Alternative World Views
- The Evolution of Modern Analytics
- Risk Management Metrics and Models
- The Future as Forecast: Assumptions Implicit in Stochastic Risk Measurement Models
- An Alternative Path to Actionable Intelligence
- Solutions: Moving Toward a Connectivist Approach
- An Introduction to Causality: Theory, Models, and Inference
- Risk Inference Networks: Estimating Vulnerability, Consequences, and Likelihood
- Securities Valuation, Risk Measurement, and Portfolio Management Using Causal Models
- Risk Fusion and Super Models: A Framework for Enterprise Risk Management
- Inferring Causality from Historical Market Behavior
- Sensemaking for Warnings: Reverse-Engineering Market Intelligence
- The United States as Enterprise: Implications for National Policy and Security
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: